Tuesday 10 May 2011

How do you stay motivated?

Well I am about 2 months away from going back to work and this baby weight has lingered! I did so well the first time around losing it and I feel much busier this time, however it just isn't leaving!!
I think a part of it is all of the sickness we've had in this house.  It's a vicious cycle that goes something like this...

I get motivated.
I get into a routine.
Meals are working out well and are on the healthier side.
Uh oh someone isn't feeling well.
NO SLEEP. ONE TIRED MOMMY... you want me to cook? I can barely stand on two feet. Mmmm a bag of chips will make me feel better.
Next day, regret.
And now start all over again!!

BUT I am thinking positive and hoping that with the warmer weather, we're on our way to a healthy happy home and on the way to actually claiming the title of Yummy Mummy!

With that being said, tell me, how do you stay motivated?  What makes you get your lazy butt on that treadmill day in and day out?  Why do you go to the gym?
Please share!!!

And for tomorrow's question..
HOW do you keep on a routine of making healthy meals?

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I have any suggestions on how to be more motivated to get to the gym. My solution for exercise was getting a dog that required long brisk dog walks. I particularly like to find the places that are well away from traffic and crowds so that I can let my dog off the leash (he's great at following verbal commands).

    Getting to a gym has never been my forte. However, I do respond well to having an imposed class schedule where people will notice that have am showing up for exercise. It worked for me for about 6 years with martial arts classes. But I think some alternatives that could also work for others would be spinning, yoga, and ballroom dancing.

    When do we get to talk about food?

    ReplyDelete